Apparently I’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award. I’m thinking the award is pretty self-explanatory, hence my uh…confusion as to why I’ve been nominated. I guess my buddy/critique buddy Lauren (visit her blog here) thinks I have a lovely blog, horrible grammar, punctuation and typos aside. 🙂 Thanks Lauren! She’s also on the twitter.
Here goes seven things about me that are not in my bio:
- I flunked out of college my first semester. Sorry, did I make it uncomfortable? Even now, knowing that I’m graduating in May I think back to that first semester and get so…ashamed. I know I shouldn’t be, but it happens. Less often now that things are going my way.
- I don’t know how to drive. I’m from NYC. Technically I don’t need to know how to drive, but my mother, who had a car on and off while I was younger thinks it’s time I get my life together and get my license. I agree with her there. Mom if you’re reading this, I got you this summer. Then I can move the car for you in the wee hours of the morning so you won’t get a ticket and/or towed.
- I’ve never been out of the United States of America. This one really bothers me. I even took a cruise once, but get this, it was a cruise to nowhere. We just sailed up and down the east coast for about 5 days. Luckily my mother has a trip planned for when I graduate. Where to? It’s a secret apparently, but I’m brushing up on my Spanish just in case it’s Spain.
- I really, really, really, really, really want to go to Spain. Ever since the Cheetah Girls went, it’s been on my bucket list. I even have a pen pal from Spain. We’ve been pen pals for about 7ish years. I’d love to meet up with him one day.
- I don’t have a gallbladder. For years I was having gallstone attacks and had no idea. One morning I was in so much pain I spent the rest of the day popping advil. Finally sometime around 8pm I asked a friend to drive me to the emergency room down the street from our school. Turns out I had gallstones and like the nurse told me, “You really shouldn’t have taken so many pills. You can’t do that.” In hindsight nearly the whole bottle was a bit much. But I had a really cool test done and we found out my gallbladder wasn’t even working. It was functioning at like 9%.
- I hate ankle socks. I don’t know who in the world thought those were a good idea, but I can’t do it. They’re not okay! *shudders* I mean why even wear socks at all? What’s the purpose?
- I think Judy Garland and I would have been really good friends.
So that’s me. Kind of. I wish I had some cool pictures, but I’d have to do some serious searching and I got labs that I need to finish up. But here’s who I’m nominating!
THE RULES FOR NOMINEES
- When you get his award, thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself that are not in your Bio.
- Pass this on to as many people as you like (max 15).
- Include this set of rules.
- Inform your nominees.